Subject: help please (in return for a small donation)
From: Steve Petersen (spetey_at_umich.edu)
Date: 2003-05-20

Hey folks,

First, thanks for such a great project. I was very excited about it,
and have made a small PayPal donation (US $10).

I hope the donation makes you feel better about helping me a little,
since I'm not a developer and can't read all the newsgroup stuff. I
*did* read the manual, though.

My three main questions:

1. How do I get optical recording (on my Recorder 20) to work? It just
doesn't seem to register input at all when I choose such a source. I'm
trying to record from my CD player's optical out.

2. What's the story on bookmarks? I know there's some branch
developing it or something. This would be really handy for me, since I
listen to mp3'd books on CD sometimes. I would vote for this feature
over games / demos if there's an issue of space.

3. Speakers setting... I noticed the rockbox sound seems strangely
"centered" when I play it in the car stereo, and I seem to remember
seeing somewhere something about a different setting for playing out
through regular speakers?

Thanks again for all your help and a great project!
Steve