Subject: Re: help please (in return for a small donation)
From: lee donaghy (
Date: 2003-05-20

 --- Steve Petersen <> wrote: > Hey
> First, thanks for such a great project. I was very
> excited about it,
> and have made a small PayPal donation (US $10).
> I hope the donation makes you feel better about
> helping me a little,
> since I'm not a developer and can't read all the
> newsgroup stuff. I
> *did* read the manual, though.
> My three main questions:
> 1. How do I get optical recording (on my Recorder
> 20) to work? It just
> doesn't seem to register input at all when I choose
> such a source. I'm
> trying to record from my CD player's optical out.

you will need to convert the optical into an
electrical digital signal.
> 2. What's the story on bookmarks? I know there's
> some branch
> developing it or something. This would be really
> handy for me, since I
> listen to mp3'd books on CD sometimes. I would vote
> for this feature
> over games / demos if there's an issue of space.

you can download benjamins bookmarking offshoot
it's still work in progress but has been stable for

> 3. Speakers setting... I noticed the rockbox sound
> seems strangely
> "centered" when I play it in the car stereo, and I
> seem to remember
> seeing somewhere something about a different setting
> for playing out
> through regular speakers?
you can adjust your own settings in the sound menu and
save them as .cfg files to quickly change between
settings, i'm not sure if that's what you ment.

> Thanks again for all your help and a great project!
> Steve

Lee donaghy
great yarmouth

It's Samaritans' Week. Help Samaritans help others.
Call 08709 000032 to give or donate online now at