Subject: Re: Upgrade Recorder FM's HDD?

Re: Upgrade Recorder FM's HDD?

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 07:44:34 +0200 (MEST)

> How much quiter is the Fujitsu?
The german computer magazine c't measured all 3 of them: Hitachi 0.6 sone,
Toshiba 0.5 sone, Fujitsu 0.3 sone. (Sone is a quantity that takes the human
sensitivity into account). From the manufaturers specs, they're all around 24
dBA, but it doesn't tell that much. Friends have the Toshiba 60GB, and I find
it striking more noisy.

> Quit enough to record with the built-in mic?
Haven't tried again after exchanging the disk, but I'm shure that's
generally impossible. I'd like to see a software mod that spins up the disk only
_after_ the buffer has been filled for the first time. So you could record
shorter clips (like for talkbox announcements) with the internal mic. Especially
interesting with the 8MB mod ;-)

> Can you give me a model number, please?
Shure: Fujitsu MHS2060AT

Greetings,