Subject: (no subject)
From: romain.gardon_at_srbrest.com
Date: 2003-05-21

> I can confirm the restarts, and it's the messy kind too. It only happens
> to me when I am not extremely careful (and only in XP):

For me, it happens each time I try to do something with XP and my jukebox...

> Make sure to properly stop the device (stop it from XP - never turn it
> off while connected) before disconnecting,
> to give it some time between
> disconnecting and reconnecting again,

no problem about this....I tried to wait 10 minutes after deconnecting my
device, but the result is the same : reboot. And corrupted filesystem (for
my computer and sometimes for my jukebox).

> never to let the batteries run
> down and to let the rockbox fully start before conecting.

same answer as above : no problem about this...I think I tried all what I
could do :)

> The XP USB
> drivers are an unstable piece of ****, but can be worked with if you
> handle them with extereme care.

I totally agree (but it never works for me)...I had some hope : it worked
just some minutes one time, but just one time...

> About the conflicts, disable anything you don't need from the control
> panel (system->hardware->device manager), it helps, the plug & play
> capabilities of XP are still not adequate (I have to disable USB2.0 just
> to get a reliable internet connection). Also check your Plug and Play
> CMOS settings.

That's what I did...but no results. I thought it was a problem with my
motherboard, but after some tests with another USB devices, I found my MB
works well.

Now that it works under linux, and it works very well, I don't want to try
anything with windows XP...I lost too much time.