Subject: Jump scroll feature for player
From: Kjell Ericson (
Date: 2003-05-21

Hi player owner (this feature doesn't affect recorder owner)

Before I do any checkin of my source I would like some comments on this
feature I made on the player.

I've made something I called "jump scroll". It will make it faster to see
the full name of a text.

Example of what you will see on one row when browsing a file called:
 "artist_with_an_unnessecary_long_name -Titelnumber - Trackname.mp3"

ame -Titeln
umber - Tra

...and then the scroll will start as usual (if you selected "one time" in
settings menu (which is default)), or continue jumping (set to "always"). You
can of course turn it off too.

* The jump scroll is only done if it is faster than normal scrolling.
* Time delay between jump scroll screens are half of scroll start delay
(seemed fair).
* In case a jump scroll screen starts with space then that char will be
ignored (saves space).

If a player-owner wants to test, they can download and try.

Checkin is done tomorrow or on friday if no one complains (I shall get used
to it myself).

  // Kjell