Subject: Re: RE: Rockbox Intellectual Property question
From: Christopher Duncan Jones (
Date: 2003-05-21

I take it that Rockbox itself is under the GPL? Then any derivative
work - and I would imagine that Talkbox is a paradigm example - is
thereby GPL'd... and therefore unsuitable for proprietary

Don't have a copy of the GPL at my fingertips, but my recollection is
that the language on that matter is pretty clear.

Ofir Carny wrote:

>I think you have a point there, by applying to a patent you could
potentially force anyone who uses your invention to