Subject: RE: XP USB problems
From: Holger Lembke (holger_at_hlembke.de)
Date: 2003-05-21

owner-rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se wrote:

> I've tried closing the explorer windows I used to access the device
> and it didn't seem to make any difference with 2K. Perhaps having
> *any* explorer window open is a problem. I don't remember if I've
> tried closing all of them or not.

You can force XP/2K with little slaps on its behind:

do a "chkdsk <drive> /f". It will say that all open links to this drive
will become invalide (what is the message in english?) and ask whether you
want to continue.

Say 'Y'es and let it do checking.

Then you can remove the drive.

What does this show: 1.) it is possible and 2.) this is a very long way....
:-)

--
Holger Lembke    Keep your Mailbox SPAM free:
+49-531-334676   Disruptor OL http://disruptor.de/