Subject: Re: XP USB problems
From: Mark Bright (
Date: 2003-05-21

I use Archos with XP SP1, and have no problems at all - I never shut use
the 'Safely remove hardware' and just get a warning tone when it is
unplugged. The USB Mass Storage Device driver is Microsoft 5.1.2600.1106
(xpsp 1.020828-1920).

The only thing I remember doing is to load the USB 2 hot fix at some time in
the past, but I may not have even done that since I re-build a couple of
months ago (just SP'd it and allowed windows update to patch away...) No
System tray icon, just an additional drive letter in explorer.

Archos JBR 20, running on a Belkin USB 2.0 PCI card (Driver OMI