Subject: Re: Player version (was Re: Survey for Rockbox in Flash, please participate)
Date: 2003-05-23

> Interesting that it's a newer player that has the less friendly flash
> chip. Or maybe it's just one that your code is not recognizing. Would it
> help for me to crack it open and take a look at numbers on the chip?

No, please don't. From what I know by now, the code should do the trick.
Bringing the Flash to command mode is the same for all manufacturers I've seen.
If this fails, the system cannot program it without an external 12.5V
programming voltage on the address line A9, which however probably would fry the CPU
and other bus components.

Thanks in any case,

+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more +++