Subject: Text reader
From: Laurent DEFERT SIMONNEAU (lodesi2_at_yahoo.fr)
Date: 2003-05-24

I tried to add a text reader feature to rockbox, but it doesn't work... I knew JBR haven't enough power to do realtime speech synthesis, so I have build mp3 of 2000 words (one mp3 for each word). Then I have modified rockbox to load text files as a playlist of words. The problem : it seems like rockbox haven't enough time to load the next mp3. Each time I start playing a text the same word is repeated many time, then I have a blank, then another word...
I'm not a good programmer enough to do more, so if someone want to give it a try, I still have the mp3 files (about 35 Mo)