Subject: Announce: id3v2 patch 706111 builds available
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-05-25

Builds (executable, not source) incorporating
  the Id3v2 patch #706111,
  Henrik Backe's patch to the Id3 Displayer,
  a bug fix to the Id3 displayer,
  and an as yet unsubmitted patch, "Chop File Prefix"
are available for download at

as per Michael O'Quinn's suggestion.

The FM build has been tested, the Recorder and Player build have not.

 Quoting Michael O'Quinn <>:

> YES!
> Lack of free form genre display has been one of the major annoyances of
> RockBox for me. (And there aren't many; taken as a whole RockBox is
> Awesomely Great!)
> Once this patch is proven to work, I vote for its immediate inclusion in
> the main tree.
> Tom, could you provide compiled versions from a recent daily CVS for
> testing? That'll probably get you more feedback. I'll test it for sure.
> Michael

Archos FM has a Rockbox!