Subject: Re: 8MB Modification Code
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2003-05-25

Hello Stevie-O,

Stevie-O wrote on Sunday, May 25, 2003, 3:44:15 AM:

SO> Who wrote the 8MB modifications in the Rockbox source?

SO> It has some strange hardcoded logic I'm trying to understand, like a minimum 1MB
SO> transfer thing (mpeg.c line 1728), a magic assumed extra 22% running time (who
SO> calculated that?)

I modified my AJB, buffering didn't work correctly. I talked with
Linus, Gerald Clark gave me a patch with some dynamic calculation in.
I tried around and the current code is what's left so that it is
working. (Yes, that's how real programmers work. ;-) )

I didn't understand what the code exactly does or why it works and
haven't time and desire to find it out. Feel free to improve the code.

Bye, Uwe.