Subject: Re: text viewer patch, RAM & battery life
From: Garrett Derner (
Date: 2003-05-27

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garrett Derner" <>

>>How about adding one more thing though? Devote a
>>little more ram to it. Currently it's only loading 1k...

>...AFAIK I cannot use much more RAM for the time being. We do
>not do malloc/free; any buffer increases the size of the binaries...

Whoops, I was wrong! I just noticed I can make the buffer as large as I
like (hundreds of kb) without inflating the program file size. Good news.
That will easily eliminate two complaints: frequent spin-ups, and limited
line length.

Now my question is, how much DRAM can I use, without hogging it from other
needs? 70kb? 300kb? Currently when I compile I don't get the out-of-DRAM
error until about 1.7MB.