Subject: Re: 8MB Autodetection Patch
From: Stevie-O (stevie_at_qrpff.net)
Date: 2003-05-27

idc-dragon_at_gmx.de wrote:

>>Would someone with a real 8MB unit please test it?
>

> I just did, with my recorder. I _swear_ to have 8MB, but I'm sorry to tell
> that your firmware shows different. I have frequent spinups again while
> playing, so it reaaly seems to use only 2MB.
>
> But thanks a lot for the effort, I hope you'll find where it went wrong.
>
> Jörg

Actually, you can get a slightly more definitive answer from either the 'Info'
page (main menu) or the 'HW info' page (debug menu).

The code has some bizarre logic that seems to cap the memory to be read at 1MB
(I sent an earlier e-mail to the list about this; see '8MB Modification code'.)
when filling the buffer. I wasn't trying to fix anything, so I simply
reproduced the code as faithfully as possible.u

--
- Stevie-O

Real Programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE