Subject: Little XP tweak
From: Stephen Ball (rockbox_at_invisionfilemanager.com)
Date: 2003-05-28

This should work on all versions of windows (apart from XP without SP1)

Add the following to your registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Dr
iveIcons\DRIVE LETTER\DefaultIcon

Set the default value to c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll,185

When you reboot your Archos Icon in My Computer will now be an MP3
player.

Note: If using this on anything other than XP you will need to change
the path to the icon as the MP3 player icon only appears in XP, also
remember to change DRIVE LETTER to the actual drive letter

Hope people find that useful, took me a while to find out how to do it.
It annoyed me that XP had an MP3 Player icon, but didn't use it

-----

Stephen Ball

Stephen Ball

Invision Power Services