Subject: Re: Continuous playback
From: Jon Drukman (
Date: 2003-05-29

At 05:36 PM 5/28/2003, Eugenio Perea wrote:
>Please, somebody tell me there's another way! :)
>I also use EAC. I've already encoded over 3,000 songs directly to mp3, but
>it is possible to extract directly to wav. Perhaps -r3mix and -nogap can
>be used together, like Linux options?
>Anyway, it is obvious I need to read up on the following:
>-LAME options
>-Cue Sheets and their uses
>-VBR headers
>Any pointers? Or should I just Google it?

i tried playing around today and lame warned me that using VBR + nogap
together would result in it leaving out the xing vbr header (which i
understood to mean that the resultant mp3 can't be seeked around in easily,
although winamp didn't seem to have any problems with it).

btw i believe --preset standard is now preferred over -r3mix