Subject: Re: Jump scroll feature for player
From: Kjell Ericson (Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-05-29

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Jean Boullier wrote:

> LANG_JUMP_SCROLL_DELAY. Can you confirm that this text is scrolling on a
> Jukebox Player?

Yes it is. Maybe you can find a shorter english string for it?

That will

> Now if I could figure out a meaningful 11-char French translation for
> "Jump Scroll"... 8-)

Can't help you there, "saut rouleau" :-)

> Or perhaps this string itself is a scrolling menu item on the Players? That
> would make it (a little) less difficult!!!

Every menu is a scrolling item, so you don't have to be afraid. Even the text
"Jump Scroll" is scrolling (it is 11 chars, but the cursor only gives you 10
chars to play with).

...this leads to my (perhaps) next feature for the player. Text stripping. A
text like "Jump Scroll" can be "JumpScroll" (removing space between a
small and capital letter). Might look awful, but can be worth a try...

  // Kjell