Subject: Re: Talkbox: Ideas for better name than "Thumbnails"?
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2003-05-31

c s wrote:

> What Talkbox really needs more than a good setting
> name is a voice synthesis application or batch script
> that runs on Windoze and scans the whole Archos
> directory tree and automatically creates a
> .dirname.mp3 file in every directory.

It'd be easy to make a vbscript that recurses the music or playlist
folders and speaks the names using MS Agent. I've made a couple of
scripts for fun that scrape weather data from weather.com and then
"read" you the weather report, and I've written others to both generate
folder playlists and make clickable HTML pages of my music library. A
linear combination of those two scripts would generate all the sound
bytes easily. OTOH, I've never tried to generate an mp3 file with the
output. Any suggestions for a simple application to use to capture sound
card output? (either WAV or even straight to MP3 to cut out another
processing step...) If it has a command line interface I can call it
from the script as I go and generate all the mp3 sound clips as fast as
I can get the little agent characters to read them...