Subject: Digital Out & RCU

Digital Out & RCU

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:48:20 +0100

Hi peeps,

I recently connected my JBR20 to my HiFi (seemed like a good solution for a
party)
The sound quality is truly AWFUL!

There is a socket on the JB20 labelelled "digital in/out" ...so I plugged
an optical cable into this socket to see if it would improve things (I
suppose I am trying to bypass the internal amp). I got NOTHING out of this
socket.

So I read the Archos Manual, the RockBox manual and EVERY FAQ included in
the JBR20 firmware download - and not one of them even mentions this socket :(

Please help!

===

Also, what support, if any, does Rockbox give to the Remote Control Unit
(tacky little plastic thing supplied by Archos)?

The manual mentions that Rockbox is "remote control controllable", but the
only other mention of it is "two player worms" - I'm more interested in
playback control.

Thanks for your help,

BC