Subject: Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-06-03

My two cents:

The battery level display on the fm is frequently suspicious. It tends to rise and fall without much (apparent) relation to use. I've gotten to the point where I just pretty much ignore it.

If somebody wants me to test something, give me a testing .ajz, and I'll be happy to run it.

Quoting Daniel Stenberg <>:

> On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Mike Holden wrote:
> > I didn't think there was much to put!
> Perhaps it isn't that much, but when I scanned through it I could find
> several mentions about Recorder and Player but there's not even one single
> mention of 'FM' in there. ;-)
> > Hardware controls the charging. There are no user-replaceable batteries
> > available (you must return the unit to Archos as they will not ship
> > batteries). I think the charger is the same as for the recorder, but I can
> > verify the charger values later on.
> Yes, those are details I think could benefit users if present in there.
> > What else is needed? Typical runtime from a fully charged battery? TIme to
> > charge a battery from empty?
> If someone has the info then I think we could add it, yes.
> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- --

Archos FM has a Rockbox!