Subject: Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM
From: Neon John (johngd_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2003-06-03

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:18:59 +0200, "Martin" <martindavidsson_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>no you cant replace the batteries on the FM recorder, thats one thing they
>should mention in the faq, because of that I am
>not going for a FM recorder, what happens if the batteries die.......

If the battery dies Archos will give you a new one. It is warranted for the
life of the product. You're depriving yourself of a very nice package if you
overlook the FM recorder.

>and the other thing ........i will not buy the player because the recharge
>process is done by hardware and not the
>rockbox guys ....not gays.... :)...its the same with the FM recorder......i
>want the deepcharge thing...can save batteries
>if you constantly have it on recharge.....connect it into my stereo.....why
>having lots of mp3 on the computer when you can have it on
>archoooos :)

Deep discharge has no meaning in the FM recorder, as the battery is lithium
ion. There is literally nothing to do to maintain this battery other than
plug in the unit when the battery is discharged. The lithium battery has
completely eliminated any worry about batteries, IMHO. I'd NEVER go back to
NiMH penlites.

John

---
John De Armond