Subject: Re: new FAQ entry: digital I/O not working

Re: new FAQ entry: digital I/O not working

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:32:46 +0100

Yes, from someone who has had a digital I/O problem - your FAQ entry would
have stopped me from asking here :)

I think Michaels comments are also valid, and I would like to add a small
snippet of my own ..I know that it effectively just repeats the S/PDIF
info, but for less technical people:

==============
my 2 cents...
==============
Some amplifiers support MP3 decoding. With the Archos you must *disable*
this feature of the amp, and use "PCM" mode. This is because the Archos
has already decoded the MP3 for you.
-and either-
The Archos *can* send an MP3 encoded signal, but this feature is not yet
supported by Rockbox.
-or-
Due to hardware constraints, the Archos *cannot* send an MP3 encoded signal
- the signal from the Archos is *always* decoded BEFORE it gets to the
amplifier.

BC