Subject: Re: new FAQ entry: digital I/O not working
From: Neon John (
Date: 2003-06-03

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:41:50 -0700 (PDT), "Michael O'Quinn"
<> wrote:

>Makes sense to me.
>Note that the Players don't have a S/PDIF jack, however.
>The Recorder and FM Recorder have a connector for digital audio output
>using the common S/PDIF standard (Sony/Phillips Digital Interface). This
>jack is not present on the Studio/Player models. By using the digital
>output in combination...

The FM Recorder may not have digital out. It says it does on the packaging
but the actual unit says only digital in. I can't find any sign of a digital
signal by scoping the jack, at least running rockbox. I guess I need to scope
it using the original software.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN