Subject: Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM

Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM

From: Martin <martindavidsson_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 20:05:33 +0200

yes howabout sending it back to france.......how much will that cost from
sweden.

We here in sweden has a law....we have a 2 years warranty (you can call it
so)
but thats not regarding wearing on the batteries, its for faults on the
product, and you go to the store.....that you bought it in
and you will have a new one, you dont have to send it to the factory
(archos)

now if i buy it at pixmania.com, they said that i should send it to france
if it was problem with the product, really nice, will cost a few box to send
a 350g letter to france :( .....and i will have to wait for problably a
month or so to get it back ....

how about the next thing you told me......i dont care about having to
maintain the battery, i am worried about the unit getting hot and then
wearing the batteries..................the ni-mh works exacly like the
lithium battery............its the ni-cd you have do discharge.....
so the problem is the heat when the batteries it fully loaded.......what
happends then.....
on other product i have had, for exaple the iriver cdplayer, they had a
circuit to watch the recharging process and when the batteries was fully
loaded it discontinued the rechargeprocess. How does it work on the
FM-recorder and the player, i think that on the recorder
the firmware of rockbox only recharge when the batteries is totally empty
(when you are on Deep discharge option)
ON YOU FM-RECORDER -how does it work, does the batteries get hot or
what,does it stop recharging, the guys of the rockbox have said nothing
about this, and its true, they can not do anything about it-and why then
care :)
i am just curious how things works........tell me anybody.... :)

A store here in sweden thats was retailer of archos do not sell products
from archos......high failurerate.....is it really a good
product, and the fm recorder has no ni-mh batteries and the recharge process
is done by the hardware, not by rockbox
as it is with the recorder ;)