Subject: Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-06-03

Martin wrote:
> but after the batteries is 100% charged,,,,,it seems as the fm recorder
> still charge and the player, but on the recorder it will stop charge or
> (because the charging process is done by the rockbox and not the
> hardware.........am i wrong......anybody?

On the FM, the batteries are charged by a LiIon controller chip,
LTC1734. It keeps the battery charged, reducing the charge current as
the battery gets full. I don't think it stops charging completely.

On the Player, however, the charging is not controlled at all, it just
keeps on charging at the same rate (at C/10 I think).

On the Recorder, we either trickle charge or stop charging altogether,
depending on the settings.

Linus