Subject: Re: Little XP tweak

Re: Little XP tweak

From: (wrong string) é Rübel <andre.ruebel_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:51:35 +0200

I assume You use Windows 98 or ME?
Autorun on XP does not work for me...
If it works on XP for you can you tell me how you did it?

This is what MS says about this:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/bus/USB/usbfaq.mspx

Q: What must I do to trigger Autorun on my USB storage device?
The AutoRun capabilities are restricted to CD-ROM drives and fixed disk
drives. If you need to make a USB storage device perform AutoRun, the device
must not be marked as a removable media device and the device must contain
an autorun.inf file and a startup application.