Subject: Re: Little XP tweak
From: Brian Wolven (Brian.Wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2003-06-04

André Rübel wrote:
> I assume You use Windows 98 or ME?
> Autorun on XP does not work for me...
> If it works on XP for you can you tell me how you did it?
>
> This is what MS says about this:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/bus/USB/usbfaq.mspx
>
> Q: What must I do to trigger Autorun on my USB storage device?
> The AutoRun capabilities are restricted to CD-ROM drives and fixed disk
> drives. If you need to make a USB storage device perform AutoRun, the
> device must not be marked as a removable media device and the device
> must contain an autorun.inf file and a startup application.

That's funny. My drive *is* marked as removable and does not have an
autorun.inf file or startup application, and yet it constantly tried to
"autorun" something every time I plugged it in until I disabled autorun
for that drive letter with TweakUI. I didn't do anything to make it
autorun, but I had to try several things to make it *stop*. Go figure...