Subject: Playlist only shuffle, per file .cfg file, etc.
From: Brian King (brking_at_charter.net)
Date: 2003-06-05

Looks like my playlist only shuffle mode patch has been rejected :( I am
looking for ideas on how to accomplish this function in a different
manner since this is the only mode I have used on rockbox since I wrote
the patch.

1. Is anyone working on the per file .cfg file loading that has been
mentioned in the past? This might be a better and more extensible way to
go. I assume that the per file cfg file would override the settings for
the selected file only and revert back to the old settings when
selecting another file? Has a per directory cfg file ever been
discussed? Having the functionality of both might be nice.

2. What are the opinions on the separate filename extension for a
playlist that would force shuffle mode on the playlist? This seems
rather non-standard to me...

3. How about data in the m3u file itself to indicate to shuffle the
playlist? I think something to this extent has been brought up before in
favor of the per file .cfg file...

-Brian