Subject: Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2003-06-05

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:12:04 +0200, Martin wrote:

>2200 mAh and 4,2V should soon be passed by the ni-mh
>batteries........already here in sweden it is very easy to get hold of a
>1800 mAh .....obviously the unit will then be on 4,8 V

Be careful as these batteries surpass 2000 mAh. If you read about the
iPowerUS 2100 mAh cells under Latest Updates & Test Findings here:
You will see that as they try to cram more and more capacity into these
cells, some problems will start to crop up. I would imagine that a
recording session with the Jukebox Recorder or a long file transfer
session with any model could destroy this brand of cells in short order!

The above link is a great place to get the scoop on how NiMh batteries
really perform.