Subject: Re: digital I/O & Infra-red

Re: digital I/O & Infra-red

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:35:54 +0100

I now have my JBR20 hooked up to my amp "coaxially". Thanks to ALL people
who have helped :)

Ideally, should I actually be using CoAx cable or does it really make very
little odds ...is the signal just as clean with cheap wire? If I should
use CoAx, what impedance would I be considering? I'm guessing 50ohm or 75ohm?

Also, when using Digital I/O, obviously, the volume will not effect the
digital output ...BUT will having the volume turned up use more battery
power than with the volume on zero? NB. When I am digital, there is
_nothing_ plugged into the headphone socket at all.

I am also planning to slap together an IR receiver for it at some point - I
haven't taken a serious look at the code yet, but I'm guessing this will be
quite simple in principle. Has anyone done any work on this before, save
doubling up on effort!

Cheers,

BC