Subject: Re: digital I/O & Infra-red
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2003-06-05

I now have my JBR20 hooked up to my amp "coaxially". Thanks to ALL people
who have helped :)

Ideally, should I actually be using CoAx cable or does it really make very
little odds the signal just as clean with cheap wire? If I should
use CoAx, what impedance would I be considering? I'm guessing 50ohm or 75ohm?

Also, when using Digital I/O, obviously, the volume will not effect the
digital output ...BUT will having the volume turned up use more battery
power than with the volume on zero? NB. When I am digital, there is
_nothing_ plugged into the headphone socket at all.

I am also planning to slap together an IR receiver for it at some point - I
haven't taken a serious look at the code yet, but I'm guessing this will be
quite simple in principle. Has anyone done any work on this before, save
doubling up on effort!