Subject: Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM
From: Neon John (johngd_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2003-06-05

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:12:04 +0200, "Martin" <martindavidsson_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>If (to all except bjorn:) you read the manual of the circuit that controlles
>the recharging process (on the FM recorder), you can se there that the
>recharging never stops, just ease off a little bit to, not to strong
>charge....i think that if you gonna have a FM recorder and protect the
>batteries you should have a timer connected to the AC.....that shut off the
>recharging process after a few hours, not let it recharge the whole
>night......thats my opinion (as another guy here wrote)

NO!!! Fergodsakes, before you give out advice on LiIon batteries, at least
read up on the things. This control chip manages the battery as it needs to
be managed. It does NOT hurt a LiIon battery to do a low trickle charge. It
does NOT hurt a LiIon battery to shallow discharge it. There is NOTHING to do
other than plug the unit in and forget about it. All you'd by putting the
unit on a timer is allow the battery dicharge a little, as there is a small
drain to maintain the memory and operate the clock.

John

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net