Subject: Re: High kbps/Low kbps power consumption
Date: 2003-06-05

Wish I could say the same. I tried the version 2.0 release build. No luck.
6/4/03 daily build didn't help, either. At 55%, when playing a 320 kbps
mp3, the music stops and the hard drive sputters. If I switch to a
much-lower-bitrate lecture, encoded at 32kpbs, there's no problem.

That's why I was wondering if it had to do with bitrate/power consumption.
Is it possible that the way my music was encoded is a problem? I'm no
expert on these matters.

Are you using the shipped batteries, or something else?