Subject: Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM

Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM

From: Martin <martindavidsson_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 00:57:18 +0200

i have the same problem with my battery on my mobilphone .......cant keep it
recharging all the time they told me where i bought it,
(its a LiIon of course)
They told me you cant recharge your mobilephone all day and night, better to
shut the phone off during night, you have a standby time on 240 h
.......recharge it a few times a week....and during night,shut your mobile
phone off.....

So......better keep the fm-recorder on a timer when rechargin it, LiIon are
very sensitive to heat as all the other batteries....

TO JOHN NEON........READ THIS ;) SO YOU UNDERSTAND,WE LIKE THE FM-RECORDER
EXCEPT THE BATTERY THING......how they charge the battery(hardware),how hard
it is to replace, one thing is to take out the battery from the
fm-recorder,once you have done it,........you must find a replacement
battery.......those three things are very bad in my point of view
NOW JOHN.....READ THIS BELOW

The development of Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) based batteries retained
the beneficial electrochemical properties of metallic lithium without
exhibiting most of the safety drawbacks. However, care must still be
taken to not overcharge a Li-Ion battery. Overcharging results in the
formation of pure lithium metal, which can react and cause overheating,
fire and even explosions in extreme cases. Most Li-Ion batteries
have built in safety mechanisms such as pressure actuated
electrical disconnect to prevent the most drastic consequences, but
careful circuit design must still be done to ensure that the battery is
not overcharged. At the very least, the battery will be damaged and
have a shorter lifetime.