Subject: Re: High kbps/Low kbps power consumption

Re: High kbps/Low kbps power consumption

From: <stevem_at_gator.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:39:08 -0400 (EDT)

It takes a little while to show up. If I have my jbr 20 on the charger, it
doesn't show up at all. If it's off the charger, the problem manifests
when the battery drops to 55% or less. Then, if I switch to a lower kbps
file, such as a lecture recorded at 32kpbs, the problem disappears.

I really have isolated it to 320 kpbs files and 55% or less battery power.

Weird, huh? I think the other fellow who responded was right - I'm just
pushing the unit to it's limit. I would be surprised if it was a problem
with the hard drive. I just purchased it the other day.

Other than this problem, it's a really cool little player/recorder. My
only other small grip is that it doesn't have a true microphone jack. Even
with an amplified mic, the recording is 'soft', not very loud. Very hard
to do talks and lectures recording.

Someone told me that the JBR fm 20 has a mic setting for the jack. Is that
true?

(I'd buy another one!)

Steve