Subject: Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM

Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM

From: Vincent Kujala <kujala_at_geog.ubc.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:06:45 -0700

Mine looks just like yours except label says "1100mAh - 4.2V".
I don't have access to a decent digital camera to show pics.

Perhaps my battery was shipped earlier (Nov,2002) with wrong
label and it really is 2200mAh (2x1100mAh). I suppose I could
test this by charging a cell and seeing how long it takes to
discharge thru a 100ohm resister (v=ir,p=iv=v^2/r=176mWatt,
t=1100mAhr/42mA=26hr, 1/4Watt 100ohm resister should be safe).
A 550mAhr cell would take half as long to discharge. All this
assuming an ideal battery.

I actually have to use a pair of pliers to get mine out, fits
too tight and I don't want to whack the disk to death. Gotta
be carefull with metal tipped pliers - don't want to short
anything out.

--
later,
Vincent Kujala (http://www.geog.ubc.ca/~kujala)