Rockbox mail archive
Subject: new version 2.0 of ABSync
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
The new version of my Windows sync app is now online. The program can
be used to keep a local copy of the files on the Archos jukebox up to
Download: http://www.absync.de/ABSync20.exe (now with installer)
Many new functions in V2.0:
* New Set Editor window for configuring directories, excludes and other
settings, which simplifies the main window.
* Practically unlimited number of excludes and includes.
* Dir/File browser for excludes/includes.
* Wizard for creating sets, the wizard is automatically started when
ABSync is started the first time to simplify first-time usage.
* At the first sync, the two directories had to contain the same files.
Now it is also allowed to select an empty directory at one side. All
files are then copied to this empty directory. It's even allowed to
select two empty directories. (Non existing directories are created
* Wildcard support in a simple form (HEAD*TAIL) in excludes/includes.
* Progress bar, ETA and speed display for Sync process.
* "Sync Simulation" option to show what would happen without changing
* Files that were changed on both sides (and led to a "critical error"
in previous versions) are now shown in a Critical Files Summary at
the end of the sync process. The user can then decide what to do
with these files.
* Read only files aren't deleted / overwritten without warning anymore.
They are shown in the same dialog at the end of the sync process
and the user has to decide what to do. If the "Ignore Read Only
State" option is set, Read Only files are deleted / overwritten
* Options to Sync Hidden and System files. If not set, these files
are completely ignored.
* (Hopefully complete) error checks for deletion and copy process.
Errors are logged to the error log and a message box is shown.
* New option "check free space before copy" which makes sure there's
enough space on the drives, selectable for both A and B.
* Aborting in case A is subdir of B or vice versa.
* The path or directory A and B now have a backslash at the end for
having the equal format as a path in the excludes.
GUI / general
* New Homepage http://www.absync.de.
* ABSync is now distributed as a installer (.EXE), which creates icons
and adds uninstall support.
* Nicer GUI: smaller sync button, main window name and program name in
Task bar (ABSync - SETNAME), smaller main window, activity and error
log switchable (only one log visible at a time, which reduces the needed
space for the logs), buttons with icons, additional windows and much more.
* Log files are named ABSync Log yy-mm-dd hh.mm.ss.
* Automatic window positioning places the forms next to the others if
there's enough space.
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew