Subject: HD spindown, player DB 20030605

HD spindown, player DB 20030605

From: Scrambler <thescrambler0_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:51:07 -0700 (PDT)

When I set the Disk Spindown to something like 5
seconds, it works as planed, after it loads an MP3
into the buffer it spins down after 5 seconds. But
when I'm not playing an MP3 and just navigating
through my subdirectories, it takes about 13+Disk
Spindown seconds to spindown.

Is this the intended operation? Kind of annoying when
I want to shut it off by holding the stop button then
it changes to the previous directory and spins back up
just to be turned off again.

I like the sound of the auto spindown better than the
sound it makes when you force it to turn off, i.e.
makes a loud violent click noise.

Is the disk turn off regulated by the Archos firmware,
or could it be changed to the silent auto spindown command?