Subject: Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM

Re: BATTERY-FAQ and the FM

From: Brent Geery <fasttimes_at_mochamail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 13:54:34 -0700

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 21:32:41 -0400, Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 14:45:23 -0700, Brent Geery wrote:
>
> >Chris, buy a cheap UPS (Staples just had an Energizer UPS for $10 after
> >rebate) and remove the battery when on AC power. It's the only way to
> >save the battery life, but still have the safety of a UPS.
>
> "just had'
> The story of my life...
>
> ;)
>
> That's a good suggestion, thanks!

These things are on sell all the time in various ads. I picked up the
$10 Energizer UPS I mentioned (price was too good to pass up). I'm
going to replace the tin 3.7AH battery with an external 56AH Battery
pack (I have them from another prject.) Just add an "extension" from
the wires on the UPS to the external battery. I calculated that I'll
get 30+ hours of runtime on the UPS alone.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)
Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info http://www.FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.org