Subject: Re: Stop Key

Re: Stop Key

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 17:29:05 -0400

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 23:00:24 +0200, Jean Boullier wrote:
>Welcome to Rockbox, Joachim! I hope you have found the solution yourself
>by now ! There are not many people on this list right now apparently...
>The STOP key is the OFF key, actually. This is a lapsus of Jose Maria,
>the author of the otherwise very good Rockbox manual, who has been
>confused between the Studio Player (where this key is named STOP) and
>the recorder. I will have to correct this in my "Quick Help for
>Recorders" file too. HELP-JBR.txt <http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jmb-
>data/Help-JBR.txt>
>
>By the way, for most Rockbox functions, when you do not guess how to
>stop something or how to leave a sub-function you can always try a short
> press on the OFF key. Only a long press will truly switch off.
>
>Cheers, and enjoy the JBR with Rockbox. Jean.

Your quick help text file is very nice. I just read it for the first
time tonight.

You might want to correct your several uses of "infos" though. Info is
short for information and it is both singular and plural in this form.

Don't take this wrong. I'm just trying to help you improve an already
fantastic contribution. The file is going onto my AJBR 20 in the next
minute or two! :)

Chris