Subject: Re: Stop Key

Re: Stop Key

From: Jean Boullier <jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 09:09:49 +0200

Chris Holt wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 23:00:24 +0200, Jean Boullier wrote
>
>Your quick help text file is very nice. I just read it for the first
>time tonight.
>
>You might want to correct your several uses of "infos" though. Info is
>short for information and it is both singular and plural in this form.
>
>Don't take this wrong. I'm just trying to help you improve an already
>fantastic contribution. The file is going onto my AJBR 20 in the next
>minute or two! :)

No offense taken, Chris, and thank you, both for the kind comments and
for highlighting this pitfall. I knew the opposite one for "news" but
not this one (or I have forgotten it). I do not like texts cluttered
with all sorts of mistakes and, even in English, I always try my best to
be as clean as I can. In fact two of these "infos" were true English
mistakes, and the third one was due to my using the French translation
of the function name instead of the correct English one, and this had to
be corrected as well.

Since you have apparently missed my first announcement of this
experiment I want to say again that most of this file has been taken
from Jose Maria's Rockbox manual. Only editing and the short "How to"
section are mine (and that's where the mistakes are!!!).

I have made the corrections together with a little more editing and a
reordering of the various sections to achieve a better hierarchical
sequence, hopefully. When Garrett Derner's excellent "Text file viewer
with word wrap" becomes part of Rockbox (I am sure it will) you will see
how easy it can be to use such a quick help file. Today, finding a topic
is rather easy but reading it is less nice when the text needs to be
longer.

I have been a little lazy on Rockbox these days but I will start
"working" again and check the latest updates to see if they call for new
topics. And I shall also build similar files for the Studio Player and
the FM Recorder.

Please go on reporting mistakes, that will help me much. Cheers. Jean.