Subject: RE: Dynamic playlist saving
From: Hardeep Sidhu (hardeeps_at_pobox.com)
Date: 2003-06-08

Hi Tim,

> Could you add an option to auto-save the current dynamic playlist?

As you've probably noticed, saving a playlist is a fairly slow and expensive
operation. Because of this, I don't think having an auto-save option would
be a great idea. However, if enough people disagree with me, it would be
easy to implement.

> Could you, at least, auto add the .m3u extension.

Agreed. I will change this in the next patch release.

> I would also like to have a default playlist folder

I've had this request a few times now and will likely add it at some point.
However, due to the current limit on the config block size, this will
probably have to wait until we've moved to using a file for saving the
global config info. For now, a workaround is to browse to your preferred
playlist directory before requesting a save as the playlist file is written
to the current working directory if an absolute path is not specified.

Thanks for your input!

-Hardeep