Subject: Re: Mic Amplifier for line-in

Re: Mic Amplifier for line-in

From: ajf <ajf_at_midmaine.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 22:09:52 -0400

It might be worth a try, BUT most electret mics I've seen work best at
around 10v, and the mic/amp boxes are powered by a 9v battery.

The price is very tempting. I've seen battery boxes (no amp, only bias
voltage) for around $60, and units with both starting over $100. That said,
I'm not sure that 10dB gain is enough. Still, for forty bucks, how bad
could it be?