Subject: Re: Mic Amplifier for line-in
From: ajf (
Date: 2003-06-10

It might be worth a try, BUT most electret mics I've seen work best at
around 10v, and the mic/amp boxes are powered by a 9v battery.

The price is very tempting. I've seen battery boxes (no amp, only bias
voltage) for around $60, and units with both starting over $100. That said,
I'm not sure that 10dB gain is enough. Still, for forty bucks, how bad
could it be?