Subject: Re: Patch - virtual file structures
From: c s (rb_dev_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-06-10

--- Owen Sebastian Hofmann <oshofmann_at_amherst.edu>
wrote:
> > Isn't that better done with playlists?
> >
> I think the interesting part is not so much the
> playing as the
> transparent browsing through an arbitrary directory
> hierarchy. I was
> thinking primarily of something similar to winamp's
> media library, or
> itunes, where one could locate a file by artist,
> genre, mood, or whatever.

So make playlists browseable. This whole "virtual file
structures" idea strikes me as a way to bloat the
Rockbox software by trying to reinvent playlists
instead of improving on our existing, simple AND
standardized way of defining virtual file structures….
playlists. This idea of starting from scratch and
reinventing the wheel with some proprietary way of
grouping files gets a big thumbs down vote from me.

=====
Craig

rb_dev_at_yahoo.com