Subject: read-only under linux
From: bill slaybaugh (
Date: 2003-06-10

I am a recent new user of Rockbox, and new to the list.
In the last two weeks I downloaded and installed version 2.0 (04/15)
on my JBR20. No problems experienced until the first time I tried to copy
some new files while mounted under Linux (SuSE 8.0). Could not copy files
to the drive and could not make new directories. If the same box is booted to
W2000 writing to the JBR works fine.
A command line error indicated that the file system is read-only.

Mount displays the following:
/dev/sda1 on /media/sda1 type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,user=bill3)

I also have a JBR15 which has not seen Rockbox. When mounting it at the same
mount point it works fine.

I've scanned several months of archives but saw nothing like this.
This problem persists although I have removed the ".rockbox" directory as well
as the "ajbrec.ajz" file.

I would think another linux user has experienced this.