Subject: fm recorder: hard disk error - can't get fm rec to shut down

fm recorder: hard disk error - can't get fm rec to shut down

From: <kerke_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:59:55 +0200

Hi ,

I am a fairly new user of the Archos 20 FM Recorder.
All of a sudden while playing a song I received a 'hard disk error',
- the screen froze and
- there is a quiet high steady beep sound (coming from the display?) and
- I feel that the hard disk is active all the time

Short connecting of the power input did not help.

I have read through some forums and understood that there is a similar problem with the player and it risks to damage the hard drive. The only solution there was to open the battery cover and remove the batteries. Sine I am not at home and cannot open the cover with my office tools, I am a bit worried.

Does anyone of you have a hint how to shut down the recorder (by pressing two buttons at the same time or whatever) ?

Thank you very much in advance.
UNICEF bittet um Spenden fur die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: https://spenden.web.de/unicef/special/?mc=021101