Subject: fm recorder: hard disk error - can't get fm rec to shut down [2]
From: kerke_at_web.de
Date: 2003-06-10

Brian.Wolven_at_verizon.net wrote:

> I assume you've already tried pressing the off button continuously for
several seconds?

Sorry for that - of course I have tried pressing the off button for a short time and for several seconds as well...

Thank you

Dirk

kerke_at_web.de wrote:
Hi ,

I am a fairly new user of the Archos 20 FM Recorder.
All of a sudden while playing a song I received a 'hard disk error',
- the screen froze and
- there is a quiet high steady beep sound (coming from the display?) and
- I feel that the hard disk is active all the time

Short connecting of the power input did not help.

I have read through some forums and understood that there is a similar problem with the player and it risks to damage the hard drive. The only solution there was to open the battery cover and remove the batteries. Sine I am not at home and cannot open the cover with my office tools, I am a bit worried.

Does anyone of you have a hint how to shut down the recorder (by pressing two buttons at the same time or whatever) ?

Thank you very much in advance.
Jetzt bei WEB.DE FreeMail anmelden = 1qm Regenwald schuetzen! Helfen
Sie mit! Nutzen Sie den Serien-Testsieger. http://user.web.de/Regenwald