Subject: Re: fm recorder: hard disk error - can't get fm rec to shut down

Re: fm recorder: hard disk error - can't get fm rec to shut down

From: <kerke_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:29:45 +0200

Dear all,

thank you for so many answers. In fact I stopped working yesterday, got home and tried to open the battery cover plate by pulling out the screws with a tiny little screwdriver. Not that easy, one of the two screws appears to be glued, I broke the screwdriver and the screw itself is now unusable. Anyhow, like a miracle the hard disk stopped its activity and the recorder went off. I gave the thing a bit of a rest - half an hour - and then turned on again and it was fine.

I did again a bit of a search on the internet on the issue: apparently the hard disk error occurs when the battery is very weak (which in my case was true even though I had the unit connected to the charger). Deep charging and defragmenting the hard drive were the suggested solutions to avoid the problem in the future.

Again, thank you all for your remarks !

Dirk
Mit der Grupppen-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail können Sie eine SMS an alle