Subject: Re: FM recorder and rockbox
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-06-11

1) the paint comes off the bottom, and the back.

2) The battery panel pops open if you drop it. Apparently it can also be opened more gently. :) The batteries are non-standard, and Archos won't ship them (expect in an FM).

3) I too would like more information about changing the hdd.

Quoting Chuck Urwiler <>:

> Hello everyone,
> First of all, I need to say "Thanks!" to all of you who do the dev for
> RockBox. It's awesome - and I really appreciate the newer FM radio
> functionality! Every build I download works without problems. Excellent
> work!
> Just a coupla questions:
> 1) The paint on the bottom half of my FM comes off without any effort
> (not the half with the buttons and display, the other half that hold the
> HD). Anyone else have this problem?
> 2) I noticed that the top (battery) panel comes off without too much
> trouble, thanks to some earlier messages on the subject. The batteries
> look pretty non-standard. Curious if there are replacements, just for my
> own info.
> 3) I can't seem to find it now, but I'm also curious about replacing the
> hard drive at some future point in time. I think I recall there being
> some "bending" involved... Anyway, can anyone point me to where someone
> might have done this and documented it?
> Thanks!
> -Chuck

Archos FM has a Rockbox!