Subject: RE: Mic Amplifier for line-in

RE: Mic Amplifier for line-in

From: Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren_at_smiths-aerospace.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:48:40 -0400

You could buy two amps and buy/make a "Y" adapter that takes the two mono
outputs and combines them into one stereo output for the AJR. I don't know
if this is more economical than buying a stereo amp to start with... it
definitely will be bulkier.

gvb

At 07:01 PM 6/11/2003 -0400, stevem_at_gator.net wrote:
>That's what I would hope, but.... no luck. For example, the output jack
>(the one that goes into your Jukebox, or whatever) is a mono plug. That
>doesn't help!
>
>:-)
>
>Steve
>

> > but only if the mic is mono, if the mic is stereo, would it not boost
> > both channels?
> >
> >>From: <stevem_at_gator.net>
> >>To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
> >>CC: <stevem_at_gator.net>
> >>Subject: RE: Mic Amplifier for line-in
> >>Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:25:08 -0400 (EDT)
> >>

> >>Don't buy the mic booster from AVID that I have previously described.
> >> Mic output is mono!!!! It boosts one channel wonderfully, but you don't
> >> get both.
> >>

> >>Steve

> >> possible, but that option is always there - especially when a mic
> >> booster may not be!

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and
may be legally privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. This e-mail and its files are intended solely for
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and their content
is the property of Smiths Aerospace. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the e-mail
administrator at postmaster_at_smiths-aerospace.com and then delete this
e-mail, its files and any copies.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned
for the presence of known computer viruses.

Smiths addresses are changing! The new addresses are of the form
firstname.lastname_at_smiths-aerospace.com. Please update your address
books! Please begin using the new form immediately.